Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Dinner at Kawano sensei's place

After school, I headed down to Kawano sensei's place. We used to teach at Bunko together over a year ago. We've stayed in touch, but this is the first time I've met up with her since quite some ago I think..

3 of her 5 children were there, as well as daughter/son-in-laws and a grandchild. Her eldest son died last year. He was only 28 years old, had gotten married 3 years earlier and had a 2 year old. It was extremely sad... I can't imagine how difficult that must have been for their family.

Back to this evening. One of her daughers and a daughter-in-law were both pregnant, due on the same day!! Shimasaki sensei was a high school classmate of the youngest daughter, and so she dropped by later in the evening as well. It was a very homey kind of evening!

Here's Kawano sensei with my parents when they came to Japan.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home