Wednesday, January 10, 2007

It was my first day back at Bunko since the winter holidays. It was good see everyone again!

I had brought back some vegemite from Australia. At bunko, I usually have lunch with the students and thought I would share some of it with them. I bought some crackers to go with the vegemite, and offered some to the students. They all put the crackers in their mouth at the same time so that one person's reaction wouldn't ruin it for others...

Their reaction was priceless!!

I also offered some to the teachers. Many said that vegemite tastes similar to miso soup. I guess that would be the closest Japanese food it would taste like. I also offered them some TimTams to clear the palate a little..

After school, I headed down to Isahaya to meet up with Amanda, Amber and Alex.

Amanda is going back to Australia this Saturday. So we had a small goodbye dinner for her at a yakiniku (fry meat ; at the center of the tables , there are small grills to cook the raw meat that the waitress/waiter brings) restaurant.

Our little gaijin club ended the evening with a trip to Baskin Robbins for old time sake.

Amanda's a great gal, I'm going to miss her!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home