Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Downtown with Lucas

Today, we thankfully had a break from the intense heat we've been having for the last oh..i dont know...2 months?? Anyways, it made teaching in the OC room much more bearable. After school, I headed downtown.

A Brazilian guy had posted a message on the JET list about having just arrived in Nagasaki and wanted to know what there is to do here. I thought I might be able to help out and we arranged to meet after school today.

Lucas turned out to be a really nice guy, he's a PhD student at the University of Nagasaki. He just arrived a couple of weeks ago, and doesn’t speak a word of Japanese. Reminds me of myself when I first arrived..! His English isn’t too bad, but I think it would be really difficult trying to get by communicating in English with people here when it’s not even your own native language. He’s a really laid back kind of guy though, so I guess that helps him get by. Kudos to him..!

Lucas in his natural element… the kid’s playground. :)


Failed attempt at trying to capture the view beyond the trees at Suwa shrine..but hey, you can see us..!


We went to a kaitenzushi shop for dinner in Hamanomachi. It was a nice evening!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home