Thursday, August 24, 2006

Rant about the weather

Ok, so I've mentioned that it's hot here. And humid. I dont know how I can convey just how hot and humid it is.....There are days when I step out of the shower, get dressed, and then wonder if I forgot to dry off. I don't think dry skin is ever a problem...!

The classroom that I teach in (the Oral Communication room) was renovated about a year and a half ago (last April I think...). We got new seats, new desks, new shelves, new carpet, curtains, nice back board, TV and DVD player, sterio system etc... It's a great room, allows me to create a fun atmosphere for the students to learn in, I love the room and take good care of it. But it has no AC. Man oh man. I had 3 classes in a row today, and I was ready to pass out...Today was an especially hot day, even though we had all the windows open, there was hardly a breeze.

I don’t know how the students manage to pay attention and behave in this kind of weather, I don't think I'd be able to. They're great kids.

It's difficult enough cooking for just one person; it's always a race against the expiry date. This kind of weather makes it that much worse. Anything that's not usually kept in the fridge goes bad within a day...!!

In an attempt to save on electricity, I would turn off the AC after getting into bed. A couple of nights ago, I woke up so hot I thought I was going to die. I ran to the washroom and threw up. I don't know if the heat can do that to you...But since then, I've been sleeping with the AC on all night.

I don't think I'll ever get used to having a constant film of sweat all over me..the feeling of sweat trickling down your back..that icky sticky feeling..ugh, it's just gross.

God give me the strength to make it through this summer!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home