Saturday, August 26, 2006

Higashi Nagasaki Matsuri

This evening, some friends and I went to a summer festival in Yagami. I went over to Aya's place where her mom helped dress us up in our yukattas. Amanda, Aya, Nobuko and I went down to Jusco and hung around waiting Natsumi to arrive. While waiting around, we ran into some of my school students


Then off to the place where the festival was taking place. There were lots of stalls selling food, drinks, offering games etc. There were dances being done on a stage. The finale for the evening was a display of fireworks, which lasted almost an hour..!


Amanda and I during the fireworks. ( J: does that answer your question? :) )

Throughout the evening, I ran into tons of people I knew, many of them Seiryo students. I took pictures with some of them.. they're good kids.

This is Ai who went to the same hospital as I did when she hurt her hand. Dr. Izumi treated her. The few times she had to go back to the hospital, Ai passed messages back and forth between the doctor and I. I haven't seen him or his family in a while, so it was nice to hear from him.

Before heading home, we stopped at a video rental shop, and ran into Manami and Narumi. At 10:30pm on a Saturday evening , notice how they're still in their school uniforms...they got back from band practice today at 7pm, in time to see the fireworks. They will be returning to school tomorrow where they will spend the whole day practicing. All the practice pays off...they recently made it to the Kyushu level competition..!

From left to right: Aya, myself, Amanda, Nobuko and Natsumi

We went to get some purikura done while at Jusco, and saw some more students along the way. Only two of them are Seiryo students, Risa and Mariyo.


We took the bus back to Aya's place and I headed home from there. It was a fun evening, though a little on the warm side!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home