Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Talking sidewalks??

Leave it to Japan to come up with embedding computers chips in sidewalks…!

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/070305/technology/technology_japan_chips_everywhere

I usually get to school early enough to give myself a few minutes to set up my computer, put my lunch away etc. So I arrive at school this morning, and my supervisor says ‘oh good! You’re here early. The morning meeting today and tomorrow will be starting 10 minutes earlier than usual.’. Well, that would have been nice to know....umm yesterday.

As I look around, it feels like everyone is dressed to attend a funeral…everyone’s in black suits. Also, about a third of the teachers are wearing white masks covering their mouth and nose, as a preventive measure. I don’t particularly like being surrounded by so many people wearing the ‘sick mask’…it makes me feel like I’m surrounded by SARS-infected people.

This crazy weather we’ve been having can’t be good for people’s health. One day it’s a beautiful sunny 22C day, everyone’s out in short sleeves. The next day, it’s dark, cold, windy with a high of 9C. Definitely not a short-sleeves kinda day… Today looks like a beautiful clear day, but it’s so cold…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home