Tuesday, March 06, 2007

For 3 days starting tomorrow, there are ‘achievement tests’ being held at Seiryo, which means no classes for me. Junior high school students applying to attend this school in April will be writing tests and having interviews. I’m not involved in any of the activities so will have tons of free time.

The afternoon was spent getting the school ready for the Junior high school students who will be coming tomorrow. Kitano sensei said it’s ok for me to be excused from school for a bit if I have some errands to do…which is great, because I did. I got groceries done, and other stuff done. On my way back to school, I stopped by this little bakery in Yagami that Uchida sensei had told me about. The lady who was working there turned out to be such a friendly (and talkative!) person. When she found out I was Canadian, she was ecstatic because it is ‘one of her favorite countries’… we chatted for a while, and before leaving, she gave a beautifully wrapped (everything is beautifully wrapped) box of cookies as service (which is Japanese-English for 'free’). That was a nice surprise!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home