Monday, February 26, 2007

Sukiyaki dinner

I finally got through correcting all the term tests I'm responsible for, and had some time to kill before I could leave.

After work, I was feeling done in and just wanted to go home and take a nap. But a couple of weeks ago, we had made plans to have dinner at Miyamoto sensei's place. I really didn't feel like going anywhere tonight...I came home after school to drop off some things, and found it very difficult to leave the house again...

I met up with the English teachers' gang (Fukuda sensei, Shimansaki sensei and Kitano sensei) at Miyamoto sensei's place for some sukiyaki.

It's food that's usually eaten during winter. Last summer, when Miyamoto sensei found out that I had never had any, she said we should get together this winter and eat. So, roughly six months later, we head to her house and have ourselves some yummy sukiyaki. It's not only delicious, but healthy and very easy to make too!

We had a very efficient assembly line happening in the kitchen to prepare the udon, which was specially brought from the Goto islands.

I’m glad I went, because I had a really good time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home