Thursday, February 15, 2007

When I got home from school yesterday, there was a notice stuck in my mailbox. I can’t distinguish a lot of the junk mail from important mail, so I usually bring the papers to school with me to have my supervisor look through them.

She looks at it and says ‘Oh, this is very important! This is from the gas company, some people have died because of this’. Have died??? I wait for her to explain a little more. ‘Hmm..it is… difficult to explain. But we must be careful if not people die.’ she says.

‘WE’ must be careful? Of what?? The bell goes, so things get really hectic and because it’s difficult to explain, I will have to wait till we have a larger chuck of time when we can work through what it says. In the meantime, all I know is that something from the gas company has killed people and I should be careful.

So turns out that the gas company found a problem with some of the water heater tanks with a particular serial number. There’s been a problem of them exploding for no reason...I should check the serial number when I get home.

I get home, check the water heater, and sure enough, it is one of the ones with the serial number mentioned.

I’ve been using it for 2.5 years with no problems. However, just to be on the safe side, I don't think I'll use it anymore until the gas company people come take a look at it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home