Thursday, February 01, 2007

Today was an uneventful day at work. There were no classes, and students were not allowed on the school premises today because Junior High school students were having their entrance exam for next year. Those who pass the written test and the interviews will be admitted for the new school year in April.

I spent most of the day chatting with some of the teachers and studying my Japanese. I borrowed a couple of books from the library, and started working through them. My reading (kanji recognition) skills have improved quite a bit, however my speaking skills still sucks...!

In the evening, Iwata san came over bearing a few gifts, one of which was a good luck charm she bought at a shrine in Daizaifu, Fukuoka.

When I told her I have decided I will stay another year, she gave me a big bear hug! It's very unsual for Japanese to hug. But then again, Iwata san is a very unusual (in a good way!) Japanese lady.

I was told that we're expecting a lot of snow tomorrow. If so, we may not be able to drive to school...the combination of the steepness of the hills and the fact that they don't salt the roads here makes for very dangerous driving conditions if there's even the slightest bit of snow that gathers on the ground.

We'll see what the weather's like tomorrow..!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home