Monday, January 29, 2007

Mondays are always my craziest days at school, teaching 5 out of the 7 periods. We're starting a new project where the students will be preparing a skit about being sick. It should be entertaining to watch!

Kitano sensei informed me today that it will not be possible for me to get kenshyu (study leave) for the Japanese language school. According to kyoto sensei (the vice-principal), who had called the prefectural board of education, they did away with kenshyu a few years back for JETs. Oh well...I still think I will attend this Japanese course. It better be good!

From school, I met up with Alex in Isahaya and we made our way to a ramen shop that he'd mentioned a while back as being one of the best ramen places he's been to. We arrived a little before the opening time of the shop, so decided to kill some time at Joyfull where we ran into some of his students. The power of a foreign guy in Japan...he has only to glance in their direction to make them giggle!

So after starting with desert at Joyfull (rich chocolate cake..yum..), we went back to the ramen shop for dinner. My first impression was that this ramen (called tan tan men) looks very different from all previous I've seen...it looks like mud. But it tasted much better than it looked!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home