Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Typhoon No.13

When I arrived home last night, I was greeted by a huge flying cockroach in my doorway. Guess it must have been just as surprised to see me as I was to see it!! It’s the first one I’ve seen this summer in my place, so I really shouldn’t complain. Though if you see one..there's probably 30 others around that you don't see... but
'minu mono kyoshi' (=what you don't see doesnt bother u!)

I found that my screen door was torn off, everything was a mess in the veranda, tons of leaves and dirt had blown into my bathroom….as if I didn’t have enough to do for work the following morning!!

Also found that the drain in my kitchen sink had popped out....thought it was a little strange. When I told Iwata san about it, she said that the water might have filled the pipes and the pressure pushed up the drain. Hmm.

I got most of the stuff cleaned up by 1am. It's good to be back!

When I got to Bunko, I found out that my typhoon related problems were pretty lame compared to what happened to others. The typhoon hit in full force on Sunday.

Yamaguchi sensei (my upstairs neighbour) 's window was shattered. One of the windows in the staff room also shattered and everything was blown around. Okubo sensei said the teachers spent Monday (a national holiday) at school cleaning up.

The shed at school was blown down and flattened,


the glass panes from the greenhouse were scattered all around the school grounds.

The power was out for over 24 hours in some places..shingles were torn off the roofs of houses. Some people fled to typhoon shelters..

Hoping we don't see another typhoon anytime soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home