Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Sleepy

I had a hard time keeping my eyes open today at school..there were no classes because there was a term test.

The secretary came to tell me that the board of education will buy a new fridge to replace my broken one. However, the earliest they can get it done is next Monday or Tuesday. That means another week without a fridge.. If it had broken down during winter, it wouldn’t have been a big deal because during the cold months the apartment is the same temperature, if not colder, than the inside of the fridge. However, now that the weather is starting to warm up, it is a bit of a pain not having one.

On my way home from school, I stopped by a second-hand store not too far from my place. I thought I’d look into renting a used mini fridge.

When pulling out of the store back onto the road, I drove down the wrong way in the street. The scary part is that I didn’t realize it until I saw cars coming towards me. There’s a concrete thing in the middle of the road, so I couldn’t just do a U-turn...I pulled into one of the places on the side and turned around.

In the year and a half that I’ve been driving in Japan, I have never driven on the wrong side of the road. I really need sleep.

I think I’ve pulled a muscle in my leg from the walk last weekend. It’s getting better, but still hurting. I took a short nap at home, and then I went to volleyball practice this evening, only to watch. I really wanted to play!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home