Monday, May 08, 2006

While waiting in line to use the ATM (which, incidentally, is only available during working hours), I felt someone picking at my back. I had a couple of strands of hair on my top, so this older lady standing behind me started picking them off my shirt. I was a little surprised at first, but she turned out to be this really cute little old lady. As she went on picking off a couple of strands of hair, then making sure there were no wrinkles in my shirt, she was chatting away. She didn't speak a word of English, and I couldn't make out everything she was saying in Japanese...but she had such a nice smile :)

I spent a large portion of today correcting students' journals. It's always interesting reading through them..I find out today that one of my students has a dog named 'Poo'. When I'd first arrived, someone had asked me if I liked 'Poo san'. It took me a while to realize that it's 'Winnie the Pooh'. Maybe the dog is named after him?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home