Saturday, April 22, 2006

I went to the community center for volley-ball practice today. It was my first time there. When I got to the door, I was surprised to find both Iwata san and her husband there! They had just finished working out. When she asked what i was going to be doing, she said they were in no rush so they came to watch the beginning of our volley-ball practice. Turns out, that Iwata san's husband (who's in the police force) knows the volley-ball coach of our team (who's also a police officer)! When we finished practice, i heard someone call my name from the other side of the gym, it was one my students who was coming to pick up her brother! Then, as we were leaving, I ran into Umebayashi san who was coming for badminton. I wasn't expecting to run into so many people I know...!

After practice, all the players were going to one of the team member's home. I could only stay till 8:30pm because i had already made plans, but it was nice to get to know them a little better. This was only the third practice that i've been to. Matsue san is an incredible cook!! She and some of the other players had prepared a feast! Before I left, we took a picture :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home