Saturday, July 07, 2007

Space World (July 6-7)

I spent most of today trying to get through marking a ton of journals, some of which just don’t read very well:

I heard it with Japanese traditional culture, and I associated fireworks in the first. The reason is because it does a bakuchiku or fireworks in a grave for some reason when it is obon in Nagasaki when I say. Because I have played fireworks on a tray in a grave, I understand it. Actually, I am really happy.

Hmm.

I was hoping to get most of the journals finished, but there was still about a third left at the end of the day. Oh well, it'll be for when I get back next week.

We drove up to Fukuoka to stay the night at Ayumi’s place. I knew she was staying in a rokujyo (6 tatami mat room), but was still surprised at how small it is! The entire apartment is comprised of this room and a bathroom.


Once we folded up the table and pushed bags to the side, there was room for each of us to lie down for the night.

I don't think the idea of rokujyos would ever fly in Canada, but in a country where space is so limited, they are pretty convenient for a single person. Ayumi's is located right downtown in Fukuoka, and the rent is reasonable.


Bright and early the next morning, we got ready for our drive up to 'Space World', an amusement park up in KitaKyushyu.



We met up with Erica downtown, then made our way up to the park. Because there had been strong storms happening across Kyushyu this weekend, the park wasn't very crowded which meant we didn't have to wait for any of the rides!



I had a massive headache on the drive back to Nagasaki, and wasn't sure I'd be able to make it..it's a good thing there was good company in the car to get us back in one piece!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home