Sunday, March 11, 2007

A little misadventure..

It was a gorgeous day today so decided to make a day trip up to Saga, a neighbouring prefecture. It was an enjoyable day until the drive home… I had a bit of a misadventure……but luckily no one got seriously hurt.

When driving long distances, there are two types of roads that you can follow…either the Highway (which are ridiculously expensive toll roads) or 1-lane-roads which take you along a more scenic route. I usually opt for the scenic route because they are pleasant, you can stop along the way when you find something interested and they don’t usually make that big difference in the time it takes to reach your destination.

Along these scenic routes, people usually drive fairly fast…at 60 to 80 km/hour (sometimes a little faster..) So I was driving along when suddenly a car pulls out into the road from a side street without checking for oncoming traffic..the car infront of me slams on the breaks and just misses the idiot driver. But I couldn’t stop in time and hit the driver in front of me. The driver behind me also bumped me…

So we all pulled over to see what the damage was…. Surprisingly, only a little paint got scratched off which I’m oh so thankful for.

The driver in front of me gave a good yelling to the retard driver, who was of course very apologetic. I didn’t understand everything that was being said, but it wasn’t really necessary to understand the words coming out of his mouth: his gestures and tone of voice got the message across loud and clear.

No one was hurt, but even so, I was really shaken up. The prospect of having over an hour drive to get home was not very appealing…

What started off as a pleasant day finished off not quite the same. But hey, no one got hurt, and the cars are all right, so I’m thankful it wasn’t any worse then it was!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home