Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Isahaya school's international day

I woke up this morning to Sheila’s wakeup call. While making my way to the bathroom still half asleep, I rubbed my eyes and thought ‘ouch, that hurt..” When I looked in the mirror, I noticed I had a bruise! I look like I’ve been punched in the eye! Well, maybe not that bad, but still. Guess Mitarai sensei’s foot hit me harder than I thought it did…!

I spent the day at Isahaya Commercial High school, where Amber and Alex work as ALTs. They had organized an ‘English international day’ and invited 8 ALTs to participate. We were each placed with a group of 5 or 6 students. Here's the group I was working with:

We spent the day doing different kind of activities together: a treasure hunt, jeopardy, songs etc. . The main show is a skit which each group puts on. The weeks leading up to this day, the students work on writing an original skit and creating lots of props. I dread having to participate in it… I think I must be the most non-drama oriented person ever.

Prizes were given to the winning groups, and what a surprise it was to find out that our group received first prize for the skit…!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey!

I did a search for "Isahaya Eikaiwa" and found your site.
This is Tracey - the one who came to the Kansho Int'l Day on bike. I'm interested in doing some kind of eikaiwa here (for free, of course, in case the JET police are watching...), have you had any luck with this sort of thing?

Anyway - just thought I'd say hey - especially since I'm a fellow blogger, too.

And - Congrats on passing the JLPT!

Cheers! Enjoy your day off on Wednesday!

Tracey
www.thejapanjournal.blogspot.com

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home