Saturday, July 22, 2006

Teachers' English test

Students have to pass a test in order to receive their English license if they want to become English teachers. The test has a listening, writing and speaking component. For the spoken part, there are discussions that 6 students at a time have to participate in. There are 4 ALTs (me and 3 others) whose job is to facilite the discussion. I spent almost 7 hours with one group after another. Only 14 out of almost 120 students will pass the test. The atmostphere is very strict and severe...

There was a short meeting before we broke into groups for the test. When I arrived, one of the teachers came to say that he saw me on TV yesterday at the baseball game.

I was thinking of going to Amu Plaza to check out the phones since I was downtown. Instead, once the testing was done, Maria and I went out to Capriciosa (the Italian restaurant at Amu Plaza) for dinner. Wandering around downtown afterwards, we walked by massage parlour and decided to go in. We got a full body massage... 45 minutes later, we walked out feeling totally relaxed...wanted to just go to sleep. Instead, we went to get some purikura done. Just our luck, the machine freezes on us!! The silliest picture was stuck on the screen..it was embarrassing when the guy came to figure out what was wrong. He called over a second person, who eventually got it working.

I got home late, but all in all was a nice day. If I get access to a scanner, I will post the pictures from the purikura machine. They're kinda funny looking :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home