Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Sports Festival at Bunko

As I usually do on Tuesdsays, I headed to Bunko today. In the morning, we had regular classes, but in the afternoon there was the Sports Festival.

The Sports Festival is usually the biggest high school event of the year. At Seiryo, students start preparing for it months in advance. Many tents are set up around the school grounds under which parents will be standing cheering the students on. There are many kinds of races (relays, tug-0-wars, 3 legged race etc..) that the students participate in.

However, at Bunko there are very few students, only about 40 in total. The sports festival has quite a different feel....

The girls had a volleyball tournament:

The boys had a basketball tournament:


I was asked by many of the students, and teachers if I could play with them...I wish I could have joined them!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home