Sunday, June 18, 2006

Team SEVEN

why 'Seven'? no one knows....it's an English name, so it's cool.

Hirai san came by my place bright and early to pick me up. We met the rest of the group at the Chiwata hospital and from there made our way downtown to Shimin Kaikan where the tournament was being held.

It was WAY TOO HOT. The gym didn't have any windows because.....well, i'm not sure. I know the badminton finals are often held in the same gym, and that the slightest breeze can affect the game so you don't want any kind of outside wind movment. But you always have the option of closing windows when you don't want a breeze...

When you walk into the gym, you are greeted with thick, warm (and not-so-good smelling) air. It felt like walking into a sauna. Without having done any physical activity, you start to sweat...

In this warm and smelling gym, we had 4 games. It was a lot of fun, won 2 games and lost 2. I wish i had brought my camera to take pictures!

When we got home in the early evening, I was all Japanesed-out. Not being able to communicate properly really takes its toll on you..

Happy Father's day, dad!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home