Monday, June 12, 2006

Mini Volleyball

Every Monday night, I practice mini volleyball. I'd never heard of mini volleyball before coming to Japan. It's played in teams of 4, on a badminton-sized court. When standing at the net with my arms straight up, my fingers stick over the net. The ball is about twice the size of a standard volleyball and is really soft.

A couple of months ago, when Uchida sensei had first told me there was volleyball practices that I could join on Monday nights I didn't realize it was mini volleyball till I went to one of the practices. I was really surprised when I first saw people playing. There's about 16 or so people who come regularly. Although at first it looked kinda strange (at least to me it did), it's actually a lot of fun.

I don't know if everyone who comes belongs to the same team or what. About a month ago, I was asked if I was free on Sunday June 18th, I said yes, then didn't hear anything more about it. I didn't realize that it was because there's a tournament on that day that they were asking. So I ended up being placed on a team, and we'll be playing this Sunday. One of the 3 people I'll be playing with I met for the first time tonight. Suddenly, there's all this new positioning. It's a bit difficult because I don't understand a lot of what people say.

Anyways, Takashima san lent me her uniform for the game. When I asked where the tournament was going to be held, there was a lot of talking then someone said that they'll come pick me up. So I have no idea where it will be held.

I'm not sure what to expect..We'll see how it goes..!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home