Friday, June 16, 2006

English International Day

I spent the day at Isahaya Shogyo (Commercial) High School, with one section of 3rd year students and 8 ALTs from around Nagasaki. This is the fourth time that I've gone to this school, so many of the students I have known since they were 1st year students. Many have done homestays in Canada, Australia or New Zealand, so their English is quite good.

Once again, each ALT was assigned to a smaller group, and we did all kinds of activities.

The highlight of the day were skits that they had prepared. They were hilarious!

These were the students who were in my group.


There's an Australian exchange student who is in this class. I was happy to meet her, because she agreed to come to Seiryo to help with the 'Australia Day' that I'm organizing! About 30 2nd year students at my school will be doing a homestay in Australia this summer. Last year, I had invited 7 Australian ALTs to come and do presentations and activities with the students to learn a little about Australia. It was a great success! The teachers have asked me to do the same again this year. Unfortunately, all the ALTs who came last year are no longer in Japan! I have only been able to find one Australian ALT who will be able to make it. So it'll be nice to have this Australian exchange student come too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home