Sunday, October 07, 2007

Nagasaki Okunchi Festival

A week before the Okunchi festival began, Roxy and I were rushing downtown to buy a couple of train tickets for Fukuoka where Roxy will be attending a NOVA training meeting. Just our luck, there happen to be a jaodori (dragon dance) practice happening at Amu..!

Once they were done with the practice, the head of the dragon was available for people come see up close. Pretty creepy looking...

A week later was the official start to the Okunchi festival. The day before one of the shows, Iwata san called me up and said that she had a free ticket to one of the shows, and offered it to Roxy since it's first year in Japan. I took Roxy to the location thinking that I would not be able to enter (not having bought a ticket beforehand..) but when we got to the doors, the lady allowed me to go in with Roxy...! nice..!

Here are some pictures of the dances from the Okunchi festival this year:




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home