Sunday, May 27, 2007

Taiko

About a month ago, I got a couple of tickets to a KODO show. They have travelled around the world doing shows and are currently touring around Japan. I was excited when I found out that they would be in Nagasaki for a couple of days!

Alex and I had planned to meet up downtown at the train a station, a popular meeting spot, but once there, found that it was crazy crowded…apparently there was some band that was going to be putting on a show in the afternoon. The band’s name: ‘Funky Monkey Babies’.

After wandering downtown for a bit, we made our way to the venue where the KODO taiko performance was going to be held. The performance was great fun to watch, the beating of the taiko drums continued resonating within you long after the performance was over.

We ended the evening at Nanak, an Indian restaurant near Hamanomachi. I love Indian!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home