Tuesday, May 15, 2007

New computer has arrived!

I received my computer today, woohoo!!

I was so eager to start using it that as soon as I the secretary called up to say that there’s a large box bearing my name that had arrived, I ran downstairs. I couldn’t wait till getting home to open it up, so I brought it back up to the staff room and pulled it out of the box to see what my new little computer looks like! (as well as make sure it’s all in working condition). I had forgotten about the pads that were included in the box, and tried to keep them from being seen by everyone. However, I didn't have much luck since the four teachers around me were looking over as I opened the box to see what the new computer that I had been so eagerly awaiting for was like. Oh well.

I pull out the sexy-looking black and blue neon-coloured computer (picture to be added soon), I turn it on and it asks for a password. Huh? A password? What password?! I try all the words that I think my mom might possibly think of using. No luck.

I email everyone at home asking what the password is, but with the 13-hour time difference, I’m afraid I’m going to have to wait till late this evening before I get an answer.

But no, a few hours later..I receive the password!! Yay! I can now log on!

Seeing that the power is low, I go to plug in the laptop. Three prongs don’t fit into the 2-prong wall outlet. Argh.

On my way home from school, just before Best Dinki (japanese version of Best Buy) closes, I run in, explain what I need in broken Japanese, buy what they give me and run out, looking forward to getting home and being able to spend time to become acquainted with my new computer.

I get home, and find that the connector they gave me is the wrong one…!! But the shop is now closed. Argh.

Although this is a bit of a rocky start to our relationship, I am hoping that things will smooth over once I get a chance to personalize and transfer all information to the new computer...!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home