Friday, April 27, 2007

Quick Update

Today's the start of a long weekend (Monday's a national holiday), yoohoo!!

And, we have Golden Week coming up soon after. I'm really looking forward to having a break from work!

This past week at school has been nuts. Since coming back from Tokyo, it has felt like everything has been going on in fast forward mode..!

My desk is in a new area, with 3 new teachers around me. I'm back to sitting with Yoshida sensei (same as the first year I arrived in Japan!), a Japanese language teacher, and a newly arrived teacher. This is the first year that I'm surrounded only by non-English teachers. I guess it's a good opportunity to practice my Japanese. I've gotten to know the new students, and so far they seem like a very genki (upbeat and full of energy) group of kids. I think it will be a good year!

The job at SONY is going well, though I find it exhausting to get home so late in the evenings. But I've learned a lot from the engineers that I've met. They are involved in making one of the central components to the PS3, how exciting is that!

I'll be going downtown with Uchida sensei early tomorrow morning (7:50am) to watch a tennis game. Then Miho will be arriving from Kochi in the afternoon...it'll be nice to see her again!!

I wanted to write more about what's happened this past week but I'm just so tired..I'll try to update more regularly from now on. Goodnight!

1 Comments:

Blogger May said...

yap girl grab the chance! speak Japanese with the teachers- it's a very good chance!

5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home