Saturday, November 18, 2006

Trying to prepare for the JLPT

I intended to spend most of this weekend studying for the Japanese test coming up in a couple of weeks. I tend to get distracted when I try to study at home, so went to study at the Tarami library. My school is near the library, so on the way, I stopped by with Amanda to watch a kendo match that was going on.

Despite having taken kendo lessons for almost 4 months, I'm still not sure of all the rules. But then again the teacher didn't speak a word of English, nor did any of the other students. So I mostly learned by copying what the teacher would do. I ended up quitting because it was difficult to get to practice on time from school...That was before heading back to Canada...so..almost a year and a half ago. Man, has it really been that long since I was taking lessons??

I met up with Kawano sensei at the library. She corrected the many exercices I had done in exchange for me correcting some of the english essays that she was having trouble with.

While at the libary, I got a call from Iwakura san (NSA member) about the caretaker from Osaka coming to Nagasaki to fix the lock on the Baha'i center. It'll be nice to meet him.

Later in the evening, Sasaki sensei came over for some informal japanese conversation. He's a nice guy, but tries so hard to be cool....!

All in all, it was a fun and productive day. I think I'll be all right for the listening, and kanji recogniztion part of the Japanese test. Even the reading comprehension should be ok. However, i'm worried about the grammar section...........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home