Saturday, November 11, 2006

Bunko's Cultural Festival

I was surprised to see Kawano sensei! I haven't seen her since last April...she was doing well, although her grandson who was in the car was feeling a little under the weather. She was heading to the hospital with him.

The program began with a group from Tarami performing the Yosakoi dance. Before begining their second dance, they got the students to stand up and join in. Kocho sensei (the principal), and Kyoto sensei (vice principal) as well as some of the teachers were dancing as well…..I was loving watching it and taking pictures until one of the dancers ran up, grabbed my wrist and pulled me up as well I was so embarrassed!


I had invited Shimasaki sensei to come, and was happy that she showed up! I was asked to serve as a judge for the dances put on by each section, and the decorations in each of their rooms. This year's decorations were soooooo much better than the last 2 years! It showed that a lot of effort had been put into them!

One of the sections had turned their classroom into a planetarium.

Another had created an entire city all done with papercraft.

The third class went with a Halloween theme and decorated their room with pumpkins and skulls etc.

Students love to pose!

I didn't take nearly as many pictures as I wanted to!...I had a great time :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home