Sunday, March 05, 2006

Cooles and Heates: If you want just condition of war in your room, please control yourself.

During my time in Japan, I've come across many strange logos/sayings, such as:


I guess it's the equivalent of shirts with random kanjis that you find in the West.

At my school's last 'sports day', I wore a T-shirt I had bought in France that had 3 kanjis on the front. I hadn't given any thought to the fact that people might be able to read the kanjis here. All day, I had people asking me what the meaning of the writing on my shirt was. I guess these kanjis aren't usually used together, so they didn't know how to read them or what the intended meaning was. I tried to explain that recently you find kanjis on clothing because it looks cool, but that people aren't necessarily concerned with the meaning.

It seems to me that it's kind of the same way English is sometimes used on clothing in Japan: just random words stuck together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home